Monday, September 11, 2006

Cameron craft show, and a strange auction find

Well, I put off my trip to southern Wisconsin. On Saturday I helped Lisa set up at Cameron, and I went to an auction between Cameron and Chetek. The craft show was about like usual; not bad, not great; but it's a cheap show to set up at, and there wasn't anything else for Saturday. Also as usual for the Cameron show, it was very windy - the worst condition for an outdoor craft show.

At the auction I bought a sled which Lisa will paint after I do some repairs on it. It's a "National 88" with the top broken, one side rail missing, and a bent over nail replacing the rivet through the steering bar. I'll post a photo of it as soon as I get one taken. The odd feature of this sled is that this is the second time I've bought it at an auction. The first time was quite a few years ago in southern Wisconsin as I remember, and then we sold it at a rummage sale 3 or 4 years ago because I hadn't gotten around to fixing it for Lisa to paint. Now that we have it back I will take the time to fix it up -- and we'll sell it again. I know the old saying "what comes around goes around", but maybe I've been at this too long...

Remember... this Saturday (9/16) Lisa will be at Chetek and I'll be at Amery, Wisconsin. We've done Chetek for several years and it's a nice small craft show and farmers' market. Amery's Fall Festival has been going on for years, but this will be our first time there. Give these a try if you are out and about this Saturday.

And on a very special note: Football tonight (not on TV) 5:30pm, Winter Warriors at Lake Holcombe (about 14 miles south of Ladysmith, Wisconsin). In a later post I'll put up the complete schedule for the new Winter football team. For those of you who don't know, our oldest son, Will, is a Freshman and on the team. This is the first year, Winter High School has never had a football team before. It's a big deal in a small town.

More later..... Randy

No comments: