Monday, September 04, 2006

Cameron, Wisconsin - September 9th

This just in -- the craft show/flea market/farmers' market at Cameron, Wisconsin (just south of Rice Lake) is this Saturday (September 9th), and Lisa should be there.

This past weekend at Port Wing and Shell Lake was great. The weather was perfect, despite what the weathermen had been saying, and everyone was in a good mood.

My darling wife thinks I should add an interesting comment or observation from each show we do, so here goes. I hope I don't offend anyone! From the Cumberland Rutabaga Festival the previous weekend: Two couples came by the booth at about 8:15am. As the women were looking at our booth one guy said to the other "why are we looking at this crafty s***, we could be drinking"? At 8:15am, wouldn't that make it a long day? And then yesterday afternoon at Shell Lake I actually saw a guy drinking maple syrup from a quart jug - with nothing to wash it down - and I saw him do it twice about 20 minutes apart. Maybe a beer at 8:15am wouldn't be so bad.

I may not get a chance to post again until next week after my trip south, or maybe I will - you'll just have to keep checking.

No comments: